Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This is The Jump Off!

At times you have to say...enough waiting around.

I'm a journalist by trade but right now it's tough to be one. Trying to get a job in my chosen field is basically a mission now with the current economy. Being that as it may I fought against reality in trying to go the traditoinal route in making my bones in journalism. I've had enough though.

It's time to step my game up.

I've tried to avoid blogging mainly out of my disgust for people like Bill Simmons who I consider not to be a journalist but as a professional fan. Then I started thinking, Jorge Sedano (@SedanoShow) is a respected bl;ogger, Matt Moore (@HPBasketball) is a respected blogger, why not me?

So here it is ladies & gentlemen, I'm opening my own place: The Sports Bars

I'm a passionate sports fan, but I'm also fair about things. So expect a lot of pragmatism in my spot. I'll try to cover the most from the sporting world, but with main focus on the NBA (this lockout is killing me at the same time as the Dolphins are.) I'm going to try to bring in some collaborators but It will be mostly me starting off.

Who knows where this will lead up to, a radio spot, a YouTube show? It all depends my friends.

Expect the first real post up tonight focusing of...a New York Islanders game vs the Pittsburg Penguins. Don't start hockey haters.

That's it for now, if you want to drop me line hit me up on Twitter at @Rawkuz99!

Peace out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment